Although the economic situation improves according to macroeconomic data, the truth is that the situation of millions of Spaniards is still worrying due to the precariousness of wages and lack of employment, so saving has become an indispensable premise to be able to subsist month by month.
In this regard, today in Jessica’s blog We want to give you some tips so that the domestic economy is not resentful in these most difficult times and we will focus on the keys to save on the phone bill .
Family spends an average of about 860 euros per year on the phone
Each Spanish family spends an average of about 860 euros per year on the phone , which amounts to 72 euros per month. However, this figure has been constantly increasing in recent years as a result of the generalization of Internet use in the home and the increase in smartphones that seem to be an essential element for anyone involved in contracting voice and data services . And despite the existing competition, and offers or promotions, it is possible to save up to 30% more by following some recommendations that in many cases due to lack of time or ignorance are not made.
To do this, three important concepts must be clear:
- What will the phone be used for and identify the strictly necessary services.
- Comparison between companies can give us many advantages.
- Streamlining the use of data or calls will allow the consumption to be lower and therefore, the contracted rate or the amount to be paid.
In this first point, we will have to analyze the latest telephone bills to identify possible services that are not necessary or even that are not being used but are being charged. You should also see the number of calls, duration, messages, data volume …
Next, it will be necessary to consider whether services can be suppressed or lower rates on both television channels, number of calls or data. And although it seems a tedious job, the truth is that the savings produced can be quite considerable.
Comparing between the different companies
We see how there are better conditions in one or the other, so once we choose one of them, the change should be negotiated by negotiating a possible non-permanence and being very careful with the rates that are signed.
At this time, the current service provider is likely to make a counter offer , so it is a perfect time to receive better conditions without having to change companies.
Another recommendation is to ask for a price for a combined plan since, including all telephone, Internet and television services, the offer may be more attractive than hiring it separately. However, be careful with this because they usually offer us more services than we actually request.
Other important tips related to everyday life are the following:
- Before making a call, think about what number you are going to make to choose the most economical system. For example if it is a landline to do it from another landline that is probably cheaper or free than if we do it from a mobile.
- Short calls are more expensive because of the call set-up, so if possible, they can be replaced by an SMS or a message through an instant messaging app.
- If you have a different plan according to each hour of the day, you have to try to adapt to those cheaper hours to make calls.
- In the case of traveling abroad, activate the roaming service and find out their rates. Avoid making maximum use of the phone and take advantage of places with free Wi-Fi and do not forget to disable data roaming .
- Setting a fixed monthly expense will also help to control the phone bill. There are some companies that offer up to the service by SMS when it reaches the established limit.
Examples of savings are giving up pay TV or buying soccer matches or movies individually
Some of the most common examples of savings are giving up pay TV or buying soccer matches or movies individually. Reduce the speed of the Internet connection and use more of the home WiFi service to download videos or heavier material. Hiring an integrated package of landline , internet, mobile and television will be more profitable than hiring each service in different companies. In the case of additional low-use mobiles, it can be integrated into the package at lower prices or even hire a mobile rate with virtual operators that have the coverage service of traditional companies but with cheaper prices.
Following all these tips, saving on the phone bill each month can be quite considerable. In the case of not being able to face this type of expenses in the case of being unforeseen for making many calls a month, you can resort to the request of fast loans with which we can obtain the necessary money in just a few minutes and be able to pay the bill instantly. To do this, we recommend that you enter Jessica , the latest technology platform that has updated information on this type of financial products so that they can be compared in minutes and always choose the option that best suits each need.